Asking and Giving Opinion Expression

 ASKING AND GIVING OPINION




Definition of asking and giving opinion

  • Asking opinion is when you ask for what somebody else's think about something
  • Giving opinion means telling someone about what are we thinking about something.
Social Function 

Asking Opinion

  • To ask other people opinion of an issue.

Giving Opinion

  • To express our opinion on a matter issue.

The example of expression asking opinion

Formal :

1. Would you give me opinion on...
2. Please give me your thought on...
3.Have you got any comments on the presidential

Informal :

1. Sinta, any comments for my makeup look today?
2. What do you think about Rara’s outfit of the day
3.How about our new neighbor?




The example of expression giving opinion :

Formal :

1.The example of expression
2.In my point of view …
3.I personally consider …
4.My own view of the matter is…

Informal :

1.From my point of view, …
2.In my opinion, ..
3.I think that...
4. Well I think...




Example in dialogue :

Practice Dialogue: Resti bought a new dress.

Resti: Mom, look! I bought a beautiful dress!

Mom: Hmm, how much does it cost?

Resti: It's not expensive, really. It's only one million. Do you have any ideas?

Mom: It's beautiful, but in my personal opinion, it's too expensive for a dress.


Comments